Because it’s a cold, rainy day and who doesn’t like a little comfort food? I made these gems today and they really hit the spot!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of dried oregano
- ¼ grated romano cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 leaves of basil, gently chopped
- White truffle oil (optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower. Rice the florets in your food processor. Place in large bowl and microwave for 8-10 minutes. I did it uncovered so it didn’t retain any moisture. This way you don’t have to wring it out! Add 3 beaten eggs, garlic, onion powder, romano, half of parsley, half of mozzarella, salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture on parchment covered sheet pan. Cook until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Add the rest of mozzarella until bubbling.
- Finish with the rest of the parsley, basil and a drizzle of white truffle oil. Serve as is or with homemade tomato sauce.
- **Because I tend to cook with fresh parsley in so many recipes I always have it on hand. I usually buy 2-3 heads at a time, wash, thoroughly dry, de-stem and then food process until finely chopped. I then store in a ziplock bag in the freezer, flat so it doesn't freeze into a giant ball. Ready to go whenever you need it!
- **Crush the oregano between your palms to "open" up the herb and bring out its real flavor.
- **My go to jarred tomato sauce is Raos.